A day visit to the otherworldly Hells Gate National Park that has gorges, hot springs, wildlife, cycling, rock formations and the Olkaria Geothermal Spa where one can relax in the warm waters. The visit will involve a drive through the park and walking at the gorges. The tour of the park ends with the visit to the Olkaria Spa
The plan will be as follows for that day
1. Departure from Nairobi CBD will be at 6:00am – we will be using Waiyaki way
2. Short stop at the Rift Valley Viewpoint
3. Arrive at Hells Gate Park and settle fees. Those who wish to cycle can get the cycles here
4. First stop will be the Fischer’s tower for rock climbing
5. Second stop would be Ol Njorowa gorges – this involves a 2km walk at the top, not inside the gorges.
6. Final Stop would be at the Olkaria geothermal spa where you can relax in their spa until closing time (5:45pm)
7. Then it would be the drive back to Nairobi
Cost covers the transport from Nairobi by bus, entry fees for Kenyan adults at the park and Geothermal spa, water and light snacks.
- Cycling will attract an additional charge of 815 Kshs
- Rock climbing – beginner level rock climbing is 700 Kshs and advanced level is 1200 Kshs. The beginner takes you up about 1/3 of the height of Fischer’s tower while the advanced takes you all the way to the top
This event is suitable for kids up to the ages of 5 years – please also note that all kids must be accompanied by an adult
To answer your questions on our meet up location, payment process and more, please check the FAQs page
Note: cost may change depending large changes in fuel, bike hire charges, rock climbing charges or changes in entry fees. Changes will be communicated to all who have registered
Note 2: this is not a hike and it involves mostly driving from place to place. Those who choose to do cycling will expect to cycle for about 10km from the gate to the gorges but can always reduce